1. Do you have any original SM code? IS the real SM coming back?
No and no. Due to reasons none of us can figure out, Shadowmud was backed up on to the same drive that it ran on. So when the drive crashed, both the game AND ALL the backups were destroyed. Oops.
2. Will I get my character back? I lost some great stuff!
No. See 1 above.
3. Are you backing up this version?
Yes. Daily. To a different machine. No worries.
4. When will combat/skills/mounts/boats be done?
Well, much of that has already been done! Icewolfz has done a lot of work on skills and the mud is playable. As for the rest of it, the answer is 'tomorrow' (this entry being left deliberately non-date stamped.
6. I hated the way stats/skills/classes/races were done. Are you going to change that?
Some things we'll change (improve!) and some will stay the same. Right now, we're definitely considering rebalancing races, but classes and skills might be in the future. We're also considering where to put stat caps and level caps, so keep an eye out for those changes.
7. Are you taking wizard applications?
Please understand that we can't promote everybody who asks. We will only consider taking on those who have played the game for a little while and got to know the ropes. For the time being please file a bug report and you will be added to our list of applicants. Prospective apprentices must prove themselves on the development mud before there is any thought of promoting them on the live mud.
13:57, Vaigday, Praxi 15, 166 AD.